Top 3 Products
A cat enclosure can give your furry friend the best of both worlds from an inside and outside perspective. He will be safely indoors while experiencing the fresh air from outside, seeing nature in all its glory.
Here we will provide you with 11 of the best outdoor cat enclosures that we have found, as well as a buyer’s guide to purchasing the best one for your fur baby.
Best Cat Backpack Overall – JaxPety Cat Play Enclosure (82+ Reviews)
Premium Pick – PawHut Large Wooden Cat Enclosure (39+ Reviews)
Best Value for Money – Kittywalk Outdoor Enclosure (120+ Reviews)
(BEST OUTDOOR CAT ENCLOSURE OVERALL)
- 🐱【A Freely World for Pets】This fully enclosed wooden cat house is ideal for single or multi-person pets as well as domestic cats, dogs,...
- 🐶【Weatherproof Roof】: The flat roof covered with asphalt plays a protective role and keeps your pet shaded from the sun and the rain.
- 🐔【Safe & Durable】Consist from a sturdy pine frame and sealed with a pet-friendly non-toxic sealant, it is weather-resistant and waterproof. It...
The JaxPety Cat House Play Enclosure is a fully covered cat house that is designed for multiple cats. Active cats will enjoy running, climbing, jumping, sitting, and sleeping in this cat enclosure.
It has a flat roof with green asphalt. With different levels, this play enclosure meets the requirements for very active cats.
What we like
- Removable back panels which allow felines to access the cattery through a window or door
- Wall-mount using pre-drilled holes, or you may use it as a freestanding structure
- 6 platforms
- Flat roof can keep your pet shaded from the sun
- ✅LARGE CAT HOUSE: This fully enclosed outdoor playpen for cats is a great addition to your patio or backyard and is perfect for one, or multiple...
- ✅MULTI-TIER MAIN HOUSE: The multi-tier main house includes a paned window, sliding door, a small hinged door, and a ramp to help for easy access...
- ✅DURABLE WOOD AND WIRE ENCLOSURE: Made around a solid fir frame that is sealed with animal-safe, non-toxic sealant and enclosed with strong metal...
Measuring 77” X 38” X69”, this unique cat enclosure is fully enclosed and makes a great addition to either your patio or backyard.
It is nice enough for just one cat, yet several cats can enjoy the comfort of it. Felines will enjoy napping outdoors, jumping around, watching birds, and just enjoying the effects of nature.
Made from a solid wood frame, the cat house is enclosed with metal wire and has a weatherproof design.
What we like
- Shelf space is provided for a cat bed, litter box or extra storage
- A big run allows several felines to be in the enclosure at the same time
- Two doors are furnished for accessible in or out with latches to maximize security
- The roof is surfaced with asphalt for extra protection from the elements
- Multi-tier main house with doors and windows for smooth access and better airflow
(BEST VALUE FOR MONEY)
- Outdoor net enclosure for cats; great for decks, patios, and balconies
- Self standing, open-net construction for maximum visibility and ventilation
- Completely enclosed with 2 doors; solid steel wickets and rip-stop netting
The Kittywalk Outdoor Enclosure is a relatively inexpensive enclosure for your felines for decks, patios, and more!
This weather-resistant enclosure is perfect for all seasons and comes with a handy travel bag for convenient moving. It is self-standing and allows your kitty to see all the way around the cat enclosure.
What we like
- Two doors for easy entry and exit
- Weather-resistant for all-weather types
- Snaps together easily with a rail system
- It is constructed of solid steel wickets & rip stop netting
- It can be used in conjunction with other Kittywalk products
- Size: 36" x 36" x 24"H; a free carrying bag and 4 free ground stakes included
- Set-up and fold-down in seconds; suitable for a variety of pets indoors or outdoors
- Two doors with locking zippers for safety and security; two accessory pockets and a water bottle pocket and holder on the pet playpen
With several sizes to choose from, the EliteField 2-Door Soft Pet Playpen makes the perfect playpen for all cats. Available in a wide array of colors, this pen is portable and comes with a handy carrying case.
Great for when you need to take your pets on a long trip with you or even if you desire to take them camping.
The removable zip-off and washable floor mat and top cover are well-ventilated. The entire playpen is stylish and super lightweight, making it a durable pet playpen.
Two doors with locking zippers for safety and security are featured on this enclosure with two accessory pockets and a water bottle pocket and holder on the pet playpen.
What we like
- The playpen comes with a 2-year warranty
- The enclosure sets up and folds down in seconds
- It is very lightweight and portable
- Easy to wash and maintain
- ❤【Extra Large Exercise Place 】The cat cage is ideal for 1 to 3 cats, also suitable for small pets like guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits, etc....
- ❤【Quality accessories】Cat Playpen includes a FREE hammock, 2 cat resting platforms & 2 metal ladders for easy positioning in your cat cage. This...
- ❤【Heavy duty and durable construction】Our cat cage is constructed with a sturdy, strong metal wire metal, this great-looking cat kennel is...
The BestPet PlayPen Kennel measures 67 inches tall and is perfect for one to three cats. This cat playpen includes a FREE hammock, 2 cat resting platforms & 2 metal ladders for easy positioning in your cat cage. With 3 oversized doors, it is very easy for kitties to get in and out of the kennel.
And with a large base, the slide-out tray of cat crate is closely attached with a locking buckle providing easy cleaning of the cat’s litter box. The playpen can easily be put together in half an hour or less.
What we like
- Perfect for up to 3 cats
- It comes with a free hammock in which cats will love to swing in
- Two heavy-duty slide-bolt latches firmly lock the cat crate door in place, thus keeping your pet securely inside their cat cage
- A combined ladder can absolutely delight your kitty’s nature for climbing and gives animals more chances as well as interests to exercise, keeping them from being overweight
- 🐱【LARGE HOUSE FOR MULTIPLE CATS】: This outdoor cat enclosure with 4 tiers and a spacious run offers an ingenious solution to protect your...
- 🐱【DURABLE AND SAFE CONSTRUCTION】: Designed with a premium solid wood frame in a waterproof lacquer finish, escape-proof galvanized wire meshes,...
- 🐱【MULTIPLE-LEVEL VENTILATED RETREAT】: A hide-away retreat designed with 2 enclosed upper rooms and 2 open under shelves creates an ideal...
With easy set up in less than half an hour, this large cat enclosure is perfect for your pets. With a large entrance door, the cage will be easy for your felines to enter and exit. Cats will love to sit on a porch, deck, or in a garden in this enclosure.
Measuring 30.2” x 14.7” x 27.1”, a few of your fur babies will enjoy sitting in the cage at a time, either napping, lounging around, or playing. There is a window with a panel, as well as a sliding door and a small hinged door.
What we like
- Houses a retreat on the upper level
- A ramp allows cats to roam freely inside and out, up and down, in the sun or shade
- ENCOURAGES EXERCISE AND INTERACTIVE PLAYTIME - An active cat is a happy cat, and our Fun Run Cat Tunnel is ideal for independent play or playdates....
- PERFECT FOR CATS AND SMALL ANIMALS – Our 62x17 inch tunnel provides a safe play environment for cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, and other small...
- IDEAL FOR BOTH OUTDOOR AND INDOOR USE: Breathable, mesh fabric keeps your indoor cat and small pets closer to nature, provides a sense of security,...
Encourage exercise for your feline with the Outback Jack Outdoor Cat Enclosure. Ideal for both indoors and outdoors, this tunneled enclosure is relatively inexpensive and will provide your kitty with hours of entertainment.
The breathable, mesh fabric allows your indoor cat a chance to be in nature, offers a sense of security, and protects them from pests and predators. The enclosure is perfect for travel. When used indoors, it allows kitty to get the exercise he needs.
What we like
- Easily folds up into a bag very tightly
- Can hook to other pieces made by this company
- It provides your feline with hours of entertainment
- Easy set up with no tools
- Allows your fur baby access to outdoor sights, sound, and smells in a secure manner
- Large Space:Square tent size:31.5"x31.5"x31.5",Hexagon tent size:39.5"x39.5"x35.5",Triangle tent size:47"x28"x28",Oval tent size:40"x22.6",Running...
- Portable & Adjustable:Pop up design,easy to carry around for camping,beaching,picnic,or motor home traveling,carry bag is included.Each tent/tunnel...
- Safety Indoor/Outdoor:A breath of fresh air for indoor pets,also safely use outdoors so small pets can also enjoy sun bath without worry about bird...
Known for being a bundle of fun, the DAPU 5 in 1 Compound Pet Play House has many options for your feline. The popup design is portable and super easy to carry, making it perfect for camping trips. This playhouse can be used indoors or outdoors.
Included in the purchase are: 1 square tent,1 cross tunnel,1 hexagon tent,1 triangle tent,1 oval tent, ground stakes and carry bag. Beds, blankets, and food bowls can be placed inside the tents if desired.
What we like
- Promotes healthy behavior for cats through exercise
- Popup design
- Easy to setup
- Each tent can be used all by itself
- Age Range Description: Puppy
- Included Components: Carry Bag
- Brand : ESK Collection
The ESK COLLECTION 45″ Pet Playpen Exercise Pen Kennel 600d Oxford Cloth is a reasonably priced cat enclosure. With 8 panel designs, it is super simple to assemble and takedown. The playpen comes in many colors, such as blue, pink, red, and black.
With a waterproof material, it is not only comfortable but durable. The mesh design allows the playpen to be breathable. When not in use, it can be stored anywhere as it can be folded up to take up much less space. This playpen can also be used indoors. Many find that when mama cats have new kittens, once the kittens start walking, it is easy for them to be placed in here so they are safe.
What we like
- The bottom is removable for easy cleaning
- Storage compartments on the side allow you to keep your cat’s toys and supplies handy
- Easy to see your fur babies on the sides and top through the mesh material
- 【3 Tier Cat Cage】Dimension: 31.5 x 21.7 x 48’’ (LxWxH). Yaheetech collapsible cat kitten cage on wheels is ideal for 1 to 3 kittens.
- 【Brake casters】You can move the cat cage around and set it in place with brake casters whenever and wherever you like.The cat cage also includes a...
- 【Heavy Duty Cat Playpen】Yaheetech 3 story cat kennel comes with a finished metal mesh structure of high quality and measured spacing.Max. Load...
The Yaheetech 4-Tier Rolling Large Metal Cat Enclosure is perfect for up to 3 kitties. Measuring 31.5” x 21.7” x 48’’, this enclosure is easy to roll around on wheels. It may be used indoors or outdoors. It comes with a free hammock. Your furry kids will love resting and relaxing while breathing in fresh air from outside.
Two large cupboard style front doors (top & bottom) have secure door latches providing simple access to your cat & maintenance of the cat’s litter box and plastic tray slides-out for cleaning. When not in use, the cat enclosure folds down for easy storage.
What we like
- Designed from heavy-duty metal finished in rust-and water-resistant paint to be the most durable
- Easy-to-clean plastic litter tray
- Four-piece 360°swivel casters can be rotated in all directions for convenient movement
- Round corners on every panel ensure a smooth and glossy surface of seams that will protect both pets and owners
- Amazing design featuring flannelette hammock and mat, 3 platforms connected with ladders, and many soft and warm places for cats to rest and sleep
- ALLOWS YOUR INDOOR PET TO SAFELY ENJOY THE OUTSIDE WITH A CLEAR 360 DEGREE VIEW ~ Can be used inside as a cat bed!
- PERFECT LOUNGER FOR ONE ADULT CAT TO ENJOY SHADY SPOTS ON THE PORCH, DECKS, YARDS, CONDO & APARTMENT BALCONIES, RV TRAVEL ~ Ideal for new litters of...
- EASY TO SET UP ~ Just pops open and quickly folds up to store in the roomy travel pouch included ~ No tent poles to hassle with
Reasonably priced, the Nala and Company The Cat House Outdoor Pet Enclosure for Indoor Cats provides a 360 Degree view of the outdoors to your feline. This lounger is great for one kitty to enjoy an afternoon outside in the shade watching birds or soaking up the sun.
It is perfect for RV travel, decks, patios, porches, gardens, and more. Measuring 43″ x 23″ x 18″, this enclosure can also be used indoors and is very easy to clean. This enclosure can also be used to introduce a new kitty to an existing cat or for when a mama cat has baby kittens.
What we like
- Easy to move and set up
- Very well priced
- Great for travel
Best Outdoor Cat Enclosures Buyer’s Guide
When purchasing the best outdoor cat enclosures, there are specific things that you should be looking for to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
Here we have compiled a comprehensive buyer’s guide on outdoor cat enclosures so you can make sure you find the best one for your feline.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing an Outdoor Cat Enclosure
You should take into consideration the following factors when looking at the perfect product for your fur baby.
#1 Factor – Size
You will always want to look at the size of the cat enclosure, especially if the cat enclosure will be housing more than one cat. Some are designed only for one cat, while others will only house two or three.
Make sure you know how big the house is and how many of your kitties it will hold at once.
#2 Factor – Accessibility
It is important for your cats to be able to get in and out of the cat enclosure easily. However, you should also be able to easily reach in and out to get whatever you are after. Perhaps you need to put a clean blanket down for Fluffy after washing it?
Or maybe you need to water the catnip plant you have placed in the enclosure? Does your furbaby need more food or water? By making sure the outdoor cat enclosure is easy for you to access is very important too.
#3 Factor – Cleaning
How easy a cat enclosure is to clean can sway you to purchase it or not. Look for ones that are easy to clean, with pans that slide out for the litter boxes. If the enclosures are made from material, it should easily be removable for washing.
Cats are very clean animals by nature, so be certain that you can easily clean whatever outdoor cat enclosure you purchase, otherwise they are not going to want to use it.
#4 Factor – Durability
You should also look at how durable a cat house is. If the house is not that durable, chances are it will not last that long. Sometimes, it may be wise to pay a bit more for materials that are stronger.
You certainly do not want an enclosure that is made from flimsy material and have one of your kitties get hurt. While looking at the enclosures, be sure to find one that has a strong lock on it as well.
#5 Factor – Portability
Sometimes, you need to take your cats with you on vacations or you take them camping. If you have a cat enclosure that needs to go with you, it is important to look for one that is easy to move.
The ones that can easily be folded down to take anywhere are nice for this reason. They even make metal cages that can be folded down in this manner.
Top Benefits of Outdoor Cat Enclosures
1. Outdoor cat enclosures will help to protect your fur baby from the outdoors. Cats who are locked inside all the time want to be outside because they are curious. They want to smell the fresh air, hear the birds, see the bunnies, and so much more.
But it is a dangerous world out there. By having an outdoor cat enclosure, your cat can be outside enjoying the outdoors while being fully protected. You will not need to worry about Fluffy getting into garbage or mating with the neighbor cat.
As your cat will be locked inside their enclosure, you can be sure they will not be exposed to any hazards. Hazards that you will not have to worry about will include being poisoned by antifreeze, being hit by a car, or being attacked by a wild animal.
There are numerous other hazards your cats could be exposed to, such as grass and garden fertilizer, bug and pest poisons, or other chemicals that homeowners often keep in their garages.
2. Cat enclosures may lead to less vet bills. This is because your cat will not be roaming around looking for trouble. As he will be contained, there will not be any battle wounds.
Your feline can also be protected from rabies, feline leukemia, and other illnesses if you keep them in an outdoor cat enclosure when they have outdoor time.
3. Did you know that every year it is estimated that 2.4 billion birds are killed by cats roaming outside?
If your cat is in an enclosure, they will not be able to chase or attack birds.
4. The free roaming cat population keeps increasing due to ferals becoming pregnant. If less cats are roaming the streets, there will be less kittens born.
This can help greatly reduce the chances of adding another litter or two to the neighborhood.
5. If you have more than one cat indoors, by allowing your cats to visit outside in a cat enclosure, you may be able to reduce some of the fighting or issues in your home these cats may have with each other.
6. Outdoor time is a great time to promote human and cat bonding time. Your kitty can sit in their cat enclosure on the deck with you while you read a book or lounge in the sun. Just be sure that kitty does not remain in the sun, as he will become overheated.
7. Older cats who have just been adopted into a home that are used to the outdoors will adjust better to indoor living if an outdoor cat enclosure is provided.
The outdoor cat enclosure will provide them with plenty of fresh air and sunshine, but you will be able to slowly transition them into becoming more of a full time indoor feline.
8. Outdoor cat enclosures can help keep your cat active. With enclosures having various ladders and shelves, they make the perfect spot for a cat to exercise. Just as humans, cats need exercise every day or they will become obese.
Those that are obese will have a higher chance of developing diseases that go along with obesity, such as diabetes. These diseases can lead to a shortened life for a cat.
Tips For Your Fur Babies in Cat Enclosures
The following are some tips that you may wish to follow in order to make sure that your baby stays safe, happy, and content while in their cat enclosure.
1. Keep the cat enclosure out of the sun
While cats love the warmth of the sun, it is best to avoid placing the unit directly in the sun. If the unit has a top on it, this can provide shade and protection for your kitty.
Know that kitties, especially light colored cats (such as all white ones) can get skin cancer just the same as human beings can.
2. Upgrade your outdoor cat enclosure
Enhance the outdoor cat enclosure to give your cat the best experience outside. Consider adding a small pot of cat grass inside the enclosure so they have a treat to look forward to when they go outside. Or add a special fuzzy blanket on one of the shelves.
Consider placing a birdbath a few feet away from the cat enclosure for them to have a good view of birds. You may also want to add a few toys for them to bat around at. You can hang some toys up off the shelves as well to promote extra play.
3. Be sure to vaccinate your cats
Your kitty will need to be protected against feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia. It must be given once every 3 years. This vaccine is known as the FVRCP Vaccine. Your fur baby will also need the feline leukemia vaccine to protect your feline from a common form of kitty cancer.
A booster shot one time each year will need to be performed following the initial shot. And finally, a rabies shot should be given once per year. Typically, this is a requirement in all states.
Outdoor cat enclosures are the perfect thing for any cat owner to purchase for their feline. These enclosures offer so much for our fur babies that we love with all our hearts. They provide a safe place for the cats to sleep and lounge around in the sun.
Cats can watch birds, rabbits, and other people outside while perched inside. They may decide to run up a ladder to jump up on a shelf to get some exercise. Whatever they are doing, they will be having a blast while getting some fresh air and sunshine.